Terms and Conditions of Use
Your use of this Website constitutes your acceptance of the following agreement (the “Agreement”). If you do not accept this Agreement, do not use this Website. Voices of September 11, Inc. (VOICES), at its sole discretion, may update this Agreement from time to time.;
In using this Website, you agree not to violate or attempt to violate this Website’s security. Violations include, but are not limited to:
- logging in or attempting to log in to an account which you are not authorized to use;
- obtaining or attempting to obtain data not authorized for your use;
- attempting to hack or breach the Website’s security;
- transmitting material that contains a virus or any other computer programming device that may disrupt the functioning of this Website. Any such violations may result in civil or criminal penalties.
You further agree that you will not post, send, or transmit through this Website any unlawful, harassing, defamatory, threatening, vulgar, scandalous, pornographic, profane, instigating, or any other kind of material that can be labeled as an offense against persons or organizations involving civil or criminal liability. You also agree that through your use of this Website, you will not abuse, harass, or otherwise threaten the legal rights of others.
The content appearing on this Website is the property of VOICES or its content suppliers and is protected by copyright. Except as otherwise indicated, you are authorized to copy, print, display, or distribute any of its contents only as follows:
- You may download or print individual pages, and only for informational and non-commercial purposes. You may not copy or download a large portion of this Website.
- Copies of such documents or pages must not alter the original site content and keep all copyright and proprietary notices intact.
- You may not frame any portion of this Website. You may link to this Website as long as the link does not falsely imply that VOICES endorses or is otherwise affiliated with the linked site.
VOICES is concerned about the privacy of 9/11 victims and their families included in the Living Memorial. Content displaying the likeness of these victims and their families is for educational purposes only. You agree that you will not copy, print, display, or distribute content appearing on this website featuring the likeness of 9/11 victims or their families for any purpose without the express permission of VOICES.
VOICES, at its sole discretion, may terminate these rights, regarding copying, downloading, printing, and linking, at any time.
All of the contents of this Web site are protected from copying under U.S. and international copyright laws and treatises. Any unauthorized copying, alteration, distribution, transmission, performance, display or other use of this material is prohibited.
VOICES, at its sole discretion, may block access to this Website from those that violate or infringe on the rights of others. VOICES respects the intellectual property rights of others and takes very seriously any allegations of infringement. If you wish to notify VOICES of material on this Website that infringes on intellectual property rights that you own or control, you may file a notification with VOICES. VOICES has designated the following agent to receive such notifications: Frank Fetchet, Voices of September 11th
, 161 Cherry Street, New Canaan CT 06840, email@example.com
You must include the following in your notice of infringement:
- Sufficient contact information so that VOICES can contact you regarding your complaint, including your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address, if available.
- A description of the materials you allege to be infringed upon
- A description of the infringing materials that appear on this Website and where it is located on the Website.
- A statement that your belief of infringement is in good faith.
- A statement that you either own the copyright (or exclusive right under the copyright) in the material you allege are being infringed, or are authorized to act on behalf of such owner.
- A statement that the information provided in the notification is accurate to the best of your knowledge under penalty of perjury.
- Your physical or electronic signature.
Voices of September 11th, VOICES Center of Excellence for Community Resilience and the VOICES 9/11 Living Memorial are registered trademarks of VOICES. All other trademarks displayed on this site not owned by VOICES are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with VOICES.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
VOICES, its officers, directors, employees and volunteers, will not be liable for any and all claims arising out of or related to your use of, or inability to use, this Website. To the extent permitted under applicable law, VOICES and its affiliates will not be liable for any damages or injury, including but not limited to compensatory, punitive, special or consequential damages, that result from the use of, or the inability to use, this Website and its contents, or any site linked to this Website, including but not limited to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation, computer virus, line failure, or other computer malfunction.
This Website may contain links to, or be linked from, other sites not maintained by VOICES. VOICES is not responsible for the content of any of those sites. Furthermore, links to and from other sites does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship, or affiliation with VOICES.
All questions, comments, suggestions, feedback, ideas, graphics, or other information provided to VOICES through this Website (“submissions”) will forever be the sole property of VOICES. Unless VOICES expressly states to the contrary, submissions will be deemed non-confidential. Further, VOICES, at its sole discretion, may use any submission for any purpose without acknowledgement or compensation to you or anyone else. This Website may contain other terms governing submissions, which shall also apply, and which shall govern in the event of a conflict between such terms and these terms.
UNLESS VOICES EXPRESSLY STATES TO THE CONTRARY IN WRITING, THIS WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED BY VOICES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. VOICES MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES INCLUDED ON THIS WEBSITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. VOICES DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION OR SERVICES ON THIS WEBSITE ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, OR CORRECT, THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, OR THAT THE WEBSITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
VOICES IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS INCLUDED IN THE CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE.
VOICES reserves the right to make changes to this Website at any time, including the modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Website and its services at any time without notice and without obligation and liability to you. Reference to other products, services, processes, or other information does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship, or affiliation with VOICES.
Materials on this Website might not be appropriate or available for use in certain locations outside the United States. Access to this Website from locations where such access is illegal is prohibited. If you access this Website outside the United States, you do so on their own initiative and are responsible for complying with local laws.
This Agreement and any disputes relating thereto shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of New York. Any dispute relating to this Agreement shall be resolved solely in the state or federal courts located in Manhattan, New York.